20 January 2012

NM Drivers

Some times New Mexico gets boring. I don't blame New Mexico though. I blame me. There are a lot of things that tic me off about our State. One is the way people drive. I am always on high alert for someone running a red light. I see it all the time. I was highly pissed off when we voted the red light cameras out. I also hate that there are so many drivers in the city that buy very large vehicles. My least favorite ones are; Hummer H1, H2, H3, Ford Excursion, Chevrolet Avalanche, Ford F-250, F-350, any duelly not pulling a trailer. I realize it's a free country. You can buy any car you want and throw away all the money you want in gas. It just feels like I'm less safe with so many reckless drivers in tanks on the road. We live in the city. We need to get from point a to point b. You don't need a bullet proof truck. You don't need a race car. You don't need 42" mud terrain tires. You live in a city! The roads are paved!

Today, Lindsey and I saw a truck with some shiny testicles hanging from the bumper. WTF?! Lindsey had a funny comment. She said, "Oh, it looks like that truck is a boy truck."

Anyway, I had to vent. I wish we were more responsible when we drive. Obey the laws. They're there so that you don't murder someone with your car.

No comments: