18 January 2012

FM Transmitter, Sacrifice

What the heck?! I've been waiting to my fm transmitter that I ordered from New Egg for over a week now. I enter the USPS tracking number into the tracking tool on the website and it comes back as an unknown order. I really just want to jam out to some mp3s.

It's probably best that it hasn't come in yet. Last night I rediscovered CDs. The sound quality from a CD is so much better than what I would get from a FM transmitter.

Life has been so busy, it seems, since I've married Lindsey. I've forgotten about things I enjoy. I haven't really listened to a whole lot of music. I haven't gone to the mountains to snowboard. I'm starting to think about those things more now though.

It's not bad that life has been busy. It's not bad that I haven't listened to a lot of music. Marriage is an investment though. I have to work at it.

It's good when you feel like you're getting a better idea of how things are supposed to work. There's a lot of sacrifice in marriage, too. I'm learning that there is a larger reward when you sacrifice your desires in place of your wife's.

I'm still learning though. I'll probably never stop learning.

2 comments:

Rob said...

Lorenzo...

Thanks for sharing, I found your blog when I was searching for an FM transmitter.

Isn't amazing how marriage can change perspectives and the things we enjoyed when we were single.

I loved to golf, but know I rather sit at home an play with the kids.

How things change!

Thanks for sharing your inner thoughts.

Lorenzo said...

Thanks for reading, Rob. How interesting how you found my blog.

I completely agree with you. Family is such a blessing.