02 December 2010

A Curious Day

I'm still asleep, I haven't had my first sip of coffee yet. The coffee I made this morning was pretty weak anyway, I'm sure Lindsey could confirm that statement. Today has already started off as a...curious day. We have another employee that is leaving. The short time I've been with this company, we have fired one, and three have quit. It doesn't bother me much. What does bother me is that it's going to warm up this weekend in Albuquerque. I'm talking about the weather. Most people would look at this as a good thing. I love the cold winter mornings. I like to go running in the cold too. I like the way my lungs feel when I'm breathing in the cold air. I haven't gone for a run in a while. I hate that my life has become a routine. I am happy overall. I have a wonderful wife. I have a great family. I have a job, and so does Lindsey. I am grateful for what I have. But I want to be wise with what time I have. It's just one of those days I guess. Life is so weird! Everything is constantly changing, but I seem to be standing still. I know I'm not, but I'm restless. I want to get out of Albuquerque for a day or two. I'd like to just spend the weekend in Santa Fe, or somewhere else.

No comments: