31 May 2013

Rest and Rejuvenation

We're going camping this weekend. Well sort of... we'll be in a cabin. I'm just excited to get out of town for a while. I've been feeling really stuck lately. Scheduling at work has been weird. I want more time with Lindsey and Luke. I need a vacation more than anything. We're going to have a vacation but I'm a little worried about it. We'll be driving to Atlanta soon and possibly Orlando and Disney World. I'm worried because I've never driven that far...much less with Luke. Luke has a difficult time being in the car when we drive to Santa Fe from Albuquerque.  So, I'm afraid we're going to have a miserable time. I want this to be an adventure.  I want to make memories with the two most important people in the world to me. I'm still optimistic. I think the trip will be okay, but it's one thing I'm worried about.

I've been worrying a lot lately.  I'm worried about house work. Being a home owner is awesome and I feel blessed. It's hard work though.  I just fixed our dishwasher that decided to crap out suddenly.  It was a simple fix, it still added steess to me. I'm worried about our lawn.  Sounds dumb but it's hard to grow grass in Albuquerque.  Water is expensive and we're in the middle of the worst drought in history. I feel bad warering my lawn and all the warer I put on the lawn is just evaporated the next day. The story of my life these days. I need rain in my life. Real rain for my lawn. But I need rain in my life. I need rejuvenation.  I need rest. I need to grow. I'm in a desert.  I need time to raise my son. I need time to take my beautiful wife out. Just take me to the mountains and let me breath in that cool air.

No comments: