07 June 2014

Eye Boogers and Other Stuff

I've had these dang eye boogers in my left eye all day. I have no idea what causes them, but it's freaking annoying. I've washed my face. Examined my eye ball in the mirror and removed all the eye boogers I could find. They keep coming back... all day. So, there's that.

I talk a lot about my concerns in this blog. Life's brought me to a turning point again. I was convinced for a while that I wanted to be a teacher. I thought I wanted to teach high school science, or high school history. My degree is economics. Social studies would be my subject if I decided to go that route. I've encountered some road blocks, however. Road blocks shouldn't stop my desires.

Anyway, I've picked my path. I'm a late bloomer, I know. I'm 31 and I'm considering what career path to take. Pathetic. It's been frustrating for me. It's been really hard for me to even get an interview since I graduated in 2009. In college I kinda fished around for something to study. It took me a while. I found it though. Economics fascinated me, I enjoyed studying economics. I read about career paths and jobs available. Econ majors shouldn't have a terrible time finding a job. I sure have! I'm doing something wrong.

So, I've been discouraged. Teaching seemed like something I could sink my teeth into. Something I could be sure of. I've just been tired of not having an identity. A person's career choice is a big part of their identity. I'm a tech support agent in a call center. Troubleshooting internet connections, smart phones and other telecommunications. I guess if I searched I could find how my degree prepared me for this job... It's not what I pictured, and I don't feel like it's a career. There are some career paths I could take within the company... Anyway, I think I'll stop talking about this. It's just something on my mind. The decision I've made is that I'm going to continue my MBA. I've started it. My employer is paying for the classes. I've got great grades, and I don't like to start things and not finish them. I'll be a master of something soon. Think I'll press on.

Other changes I'm thinking about involve the church we currently attend. We're thinking about looking for another church. There's nothing really wrong with the church we go to. Crestview Baptist Church is small church in the International District (aka the "war zone") in Albuquerque. The church has been in existence since the 1940s. It's a good church. There are good people who attend the church. Lindsey and I were talking about needing more. We would love to have some friends who we could relate to.

So these are the things on my mind right now.

I'm also thinking about the garden we planted. I don't know if it's too late in the season, but we planted. Here's a photo of what we've got.


It's just some watermelon, zucchini and squash. All high sun exposure plants. I think they should do alright in this tiny plot. The other little plot I planted is doing really well. I planted peas, tomatoes, carrots and some other type of herb I can't remember right now. My challenge with that plot is trying to determine what's a weed and what's a vegetable. Now that the plants are maturing it's getting a little easier.

So, my career, my church, my garden...these are all things on my mind right now. Oh yeah, and the eye boogers. I hope these dang eye boogers go away tomorrow. I think after I wright this blog post I'll probably look up what causes them.

No comments: