02 November 2011

Running Mind

What makes a good band? In my opinion, a band is only as good as its rhythm section. Rush is a good example. I don't want to say that I am embarrassed to like them. I don't even "like" them that much. But you really can't argue with the fact that they are an amazing group of musicians. And what really makes Rush an amazing band is Neil Peart and Geddy Lee.


Thoughts have been running though my head all morning. I wanted to write them all down before they escaped me. I was too late. My thoughts are all mine today. Some of my thoughts seemed like they were good enough to share today. I've had lots of time to think lately. It's a good thing. That's why we have a brain, to think. Right? Well, a lot of my thoughts had to do with the fact that I am an open book. Ever since blogs, or personal webpages were around, I've expressed my thoughts without thinking twice. I have thought about safety. I don't want to let people know where I am at all times. Even my location could be figured out if someone hated me enough to find that out and stalk me down. (I really hope I haven't angered anyone too much.) 

This might anger some people. I don't really care for Bob Dylan. I just can't get into his music at all. This goes back to my idea that all good bands have a solid rhythm section. Bob Dylan--no rhythm. Just a harmonica, a strange voice, and a guitar. Well, he's got something to say at least, and he delivers it in a poetic manner. That's why I love mewithoutYou so much. They are poetic, they have something meaningful to say and their rhythm section is just amazing! 

mewithoutYou makes me feel less insecure. Yes, I'll admit it. I am insecure about my belief. Belief in God. It's a terrible thing, I know. I just see my opposition all around me. I'm a curious person. I think that most of the time, things can be explained. Well, I think ALL the time, any event can be explained. That is, except God. The idea that God cannot be explained is what Atheists might call "me feeding myself a lie". Everything can be explained, except God. "In the beginning the Word already existed. The Word was with God, and the Word was God." (John 1:1 NLT) Okay. But was there math in the beginning? I'm serious. Was 4*2=8 in the beginning? Oh wow... So there was a beginning. Or was there no beginning? I don't know. But it's interesting how math can explain nearly every event that happens. The strength of my cars axles can be shown using math. The roundness of Earth can be measured using math. The intensity of my computer screen's light can be shown using math. But can my love for Lindsey be shown in a math equation? I don't think so. Can my love for Lindsey be shown using Scientific theory? Well, you can say that I have this "love" burned into my brain so that I can protect the person who will help me create my offspring. How unromantic! But everything doesn't have to be romantic, I guess. 

I just read a book by Rob Bell called Sex God. He made parallels between Jesus and the Church and a man and his wife. (I should say he pointed out the Biblical parallels.) We are Jesus' bride, and we are worth dying for. Would I die for Lindsey? Without even hesitation, I would. What does that say? Were we born with the ability to die for someone else? I mean, we want to preserve our own health. We don't need to protect someone else... To be self-less. That is an incredible idea. To go out of our way to help someone else. I don't do that enough. Love. Can we find out what true love is. Can we define love for ourselves and not let Kim Kardashian define it for us? Did that giant ring bring her love? How about all of the money spent on that wedding? Absolutely not. Love is bigger. Love is deeper. Love is the most amazing thing ever given to us. It's a gift. We don't have to work for it. Can you imagine that? The best thing we can have, what everyone is searching for so much, is free. And it's said that God is Love. Oh, there's some math! God=Love. I know, it's not math we can find taught in Universities, but it's truth. My mind has been so busy this morning and I just couldn't stop it. Here's just a bit of what I was thinking about. Science vs God... Is that even a fair court hearing? Haha! It's not like The State of New Mexico vs Lorenzo Dominguez or anything. It's something we made up. You can't disprove God, but then again you can't disprove the Flying Spaghetti Monster! That's my favorite one. Okay, I'll stop. 



No comments: