10 November 2011

Musical Mood

I feel bad I haven't bought the newest Blindside record. I can still listen to it using Groveshark, but it's really not the same as opening that CD and popping it in my CD player for the first time. I'm listening to it right now anyway... The first song sounds pretty good so far. We'll see how the rest of the album goes.

I've been in a musical mood all day. I haven't really put on music that I love and turned the volume up in a long time. Today I did that.

The day started out with me and Diego taking a trip to the Peak and hanging out there for a few minutes. We had the music turned up and we were just enjoying the view. I think Diego was getting anxious. He just wanted to get out of the car and run around. We saw a dusting of snow all the way at the bottom of the mountain. As we begin to climb in elevation we started to see more and more snow. (I like how I say "we"... It was just me and Diego. He is my buddy though.) I made a video and I posted it on You Tube.
I could see Mt Taylor and the southern Sangre de Cristos perfectly. Both mountain ranges were covered in snow. I could also see the city really clear. It's kinda neat how clear the air is in New Mexico. For a city the size of Albuquerque, I would expect much more smog. I'm glad we don't. On our way down we spotted three deer! It seemed like one was the mother and there were two young ones with her. One of them looked injured. I hope he/she wasn't hit by a car. Either way, I hope the wound heals. If not, it'll be an easy lunch for a mountain lion. That would be sad, but that's the circle of life. The mountain lion might have some hungry cubs that need to fatten up for the winter. I was actually thinking about how cool it would have been to see a mountain lion kill that deer. It would have been like my own personal nature show! The deer was living after we left. And we continued home.

Here are some photos of our little journey. 















When I got home I decided to head to the gym. I don't know why, but I was just really getting into the music when I was running. People probably thought I was weird playing the air drums while running. Whatever. I was going to look up all of the songs I listened to on You Tube to share them, but I don't feel like it anymore. Besides, Lindsey just got home and now it's time for me to hang out with her. I was also going to talk about traffic safety. That'll be a different blog... Please don't text and drive and please don't speed in school zones. 

No comments: