01 August 2011

Random Thoughts 8/1/11

It's another day. I'm half way though and I feel anxious. I'm anxious to see what life will bring. Will there be sorrow? Will there be joy? I'm sure a good mixture of the two. I'm trying to find ways to be prepared for both of those things. 

Lots of things are going on in my life right now. I love Lindsey so much. We have lots of decisions to make together. I once heard someone say, "Fail to plan, then plan to fail". So I'd like to have a good plan. We're moving into our new place next month. (We're renting.) Yesterday we had the help of Lindsey's parents to clean the house. It was a few minutes of hard work, but I think it's paying off. The house is pretty old. Old is good though. We're excited to move in. 

So I'm pretty sad that monsoon season really hasn't brought anything to the Albuquerque area. Everyday I look at the radar images to see if there's a chance that one of these storms will hit us. So far we've only had one good storm. It's alright, I live in a desert I know. Rain is so much sweeter when you live in a desert.

Here's something I read today that made me think...

"27 “But to you who are willing to listen, I say, love your enemies! Do good to those who hate you. 28 Bless those who curse you. Pray for those who hurt you. 29 If someone slaps you on one cheek, offer the other cheek also. If someone demands your coat, offer your shirt also. 30 Give to anyone who asks; and when things are taken away from you, don’t try to get them back. 31 Do to others as you would like them to do to you.

32 “If you love only those who love you, why should you get credit for that? Even sinners love those who love them! 33 And if you do good only to those who do good to you, why should you get credit? Even sinners do that much! 34 And if you lend money only to those who can repay you, why should you get credit? Even sinners will lend to other sinners for a full return.

35 “Love your enemies! Do good to them. Lend to them without expecting to be repaid. Then your reward from heaven will be very great, and you will truly be acting as children of the Most High, for he is kind to those who are unthankful and wicked. 36 You must be compassionate, just as your Father is compassionate."
Luke 6:27-36 (NLT)

No comments: