20 August 2014

Universe

For I am not ashamed of the gospel, for it is the power of God for salvation to everyone who believes, to the Jew first and also to the Greek. For in it the righteousness of God is revealed from faith for faith, as it is written, “The righteous shall live by faith.” (Romans 1:16-17 ESV)


Interesting little tid bit here. I've had a problem with faith. Faith requires a belief in something, maybe that there's not a whole lot of evidence for. I'm like any other human, I want proof. I've been thinking a lot about that idea. There are certain things in the universe that don't require proof. How did the universe start from an infinitesimally small point and expand faster than the speed of light to where it is now? I'm living by faith knowing that it just did. 


There are parts of the Bible that are insane. In this last Bad Christian podcast with Michael Gungor as the guest, Toby brought up the point I think about all the time. Jesus was a zombie who told people he was God and was going to forgive sins... I believe this shit? Yes, I believe this shit! It's insane! But so is the universe! What's more insane? Believing there's a God who set all law (moral, natural), or that the universe is even here at all?  


No comments: