01 January 2014

Ewwwww...religion

Happy New Year's Day! I'm trying my hardest to be optimistic for this year. Life can bring its challenges. 2013 definitely brought the Dominguez family some good challenges. We've overcome those challenges, by the grace of God. I feel like we ourselves could have been overcome by life, perhaps we were overcome for a moment. But, we get back up. We find strength in each other. We find strength in Jesus.

I guess now's a good time to give a disclaimer. I love Jesus. Weird, huh? People who have known me for a long time don't know anything about my spiritual life. Maybe they don't want to hear about it, maybe they do. Either way, this blog may be a way to express my love for Jesus. Also, while I'm disclaiming, I guess I should say that this blog is an open book where my emotions pour out. If you've read any of these posts then you probably already know that.

So...2014. What will it bring? Some pain. Some joy. Some sadness. Some growth. Hopefully a lot of growth.

I'll admit, I've been a Christian for a while (most my life), and when I hear people say they're "in love" with Jesus, it weirds me out. So I'm weirding you out now? Good. I've been thinking about Earth, I've been thinking about the Sun. I've been thinking about our Solar System. I've been thinking about the Milky Way, other galaxies and the Universe. We're so small. Christ came and taught about love. Christ showed me love. So, I'll stop being bashful about my beliefs. There's no reason to. No one else in the world is bashful about their beliefs. Why should I?

No comments: