05 October 2010

1234

I'm sitting here on my lunch break, sipping some green tea and thinking about our trip to Denver this weekend. I'm really excited! Lindsey and I don't have very many road trips under our belts. This should be really fun. Plus, we kind of need to get out of town for a bit. I feel like it's just a good release to get out of the day-to-day routine. If it was up to me I would take a vacation once a month. Twice a year or more I would like to fly somewhere far. I think this is an accomplishable goal. But the focus is on this weekend. We are heading out to Denver to visit our friends Mike and Jenna. When they lived in Albuquerque we would hang out with them quite a bit. When Lindsey and I first met, Lindsey didn't have her own place and we would hang out at their house a lot at that time.They are great folks and they like a lot of the same things we like. I'm really excited to see if Marble beer lives up the the "real" micro-brewery competition. There are like 9,000,000 breweries in CO, I've heard. So the trip will be about 7 hours or so, depending on traffic and how many times we stop for candy.

I was mapping the different routes to Denver and I stumbled upon something strange in the "street view" option on the route. It looks like Google is taking me through a time warp or something... haha! Wow, I can't believe I was able to convince Lindsey to marry me, I'm such a nerd. Anyway, here is the screen shot of this way cool Google Maps phenomenon!

No comments: