10 May 2010

NM, MO...




I would really like to have a Marble IPA right now. I can't though. So I'm just going to think about NM. I'm really excited to see all of my friends in NM. I'm going to be there soon. It seems like I was gone forever, but I was only gone for six months. Missouri has shown me its beauty while I've been here though. Missouri is green. It's really green. Grass just grows, and I knew that before I moved here. I know sprinklers are uncommon here. Thunderstorms are powerful here. Thunderstorms are powerful in New Mexico too, but they aren't as common. Sometimes I wonder what Albuquerque and New Mexico would be like if we received 10-20 more inches of rain each year. Grass would be green on the way from Albuquerque to Santa Fe. Some of the ugliest parts of New Mexico would be quite nice. Places like Belen would be a bit nicer. The Rio Grande would be a mighty flowing river. The Sandia's would be even greener and more lush than they already are. I think if New Mexico received 20 more inches of rain per year then the population would be double what it is now. I don't know why I think about these things, it's pointless. New Mexico is what it is. I don't think a climate change will happen for New Mexico in my life time. I could just imagine Missouri if it received 20 inches less rain than it gets now. It seems like it would be a much worse off place than New Mexico is now. So I guess I don't feel so bad. I can't wait to get home though. It's going to be nice to see some mountains.

No comments: