13 November 2016

Tech, Life and So On

I'm pretty sure I'll be writing here more. I know I've been saying this for some time now. I'm holding our for Journey to release the iOS app. Hopefully soon. They say on their Twitter that it'll be sometime before the end of the year. I hope sooner than later. Not a big deal either way.

So this week. I think that's what I want to write about. There are a lot of things going on at work. I have an observation happening by my mentor teacher. We then have to debrief. Maybe after class. I'm not sure.

The leaves are finally falling. We have a deciduous tree in our backyard. I'm not sure the species. It's a pretty tree. The leaves are narrow. In the summer it provides a good amount of shade. It's my favorite tree that we have.

I was going to write about the weather, but that's kinda boring. I'm going to write about technology instead. I like technology...a lot. I think that's not a secret. I wouldn't consider myself an expert on technology, but I know a bit. I use a lot of computers on a daily basis. I have a computer in my pocket, on my wrist, on my desk, in my lap, another on a desk and another on my lap. Oh yeah, and I use a dang tablet and a Wii U. I'm hooked. It's borderline unhealthy. I've identified I've got a problem and I'm working on improving.

Let's talk about the new MacBook Pro for a few sentences. It's nice. Really nice. I've heard some complaints about it though. USB-C is the port of the future. And it's not Apple exclusive. Google put it on it's Chrombook Pixel a while back. The new Pixel phone uses USB-C. I'll be a lot of computers in the future will use USB-C. It's a port that can do more. I guess people are not happy with having to use an adaptor for everything. Whatever, I guess. I won't buy one. I'm happy with my work issued mid 2012 MacBook Pro. It even has a CD-ROM! haha.

What else is going on? Well, I've been riding my bike to work almost every day. Last week I was lazy and only rode one day. It's also gotten a bit cooler. I know this week we're hovering around the upper 30s and low 40s. I'll be alright. Bundle up.

I also had theology on my mind. I'm going to wait on that, though. My theology has been wonky since this election. I'm toying around with what's important and what's not. Like, is politics really that important? Should I put a lot of energy into following what a president does, or thinks? What about law? Government has been a topic that's important for humans since populations began to rise. We need a ruler. We need government. Israel demanded it, and so do we, I guess. As a Christian, I have a responsibility. I have responsibilities, I'm sure. I'm trying to figure out what those are. I know I need to love my neighbor. I know I need to take care of the orphans, the widows and those that are marginalized. However that is. I have a talent..maybe. I'm trying to figure out what that is, too.

So, no fighting on Facebook. Love people I come in contact with. Don't idolize technology. Treat people I love with respect, with love. Take others into consideration above myself. I think I'll be alright.

At church, we've been going through Song of Songs. We've been focusing on marriage. I think this is my focus right now. It's difficult, I'll be honest. But, here's what I noticed about today's teaching. 1. pray together (meditate), 2. read together (learn), 3. be on mission together (discuss, think about each other).

This is hard, because schedules are full and free time is usually used to watch Netflix... So, there needs to be sacrifice. We'll try it this week. Stay strong. Use self control. Be a better person. That's the point, right? Maybe. I don't know yet. If you find out first, please let me know. K, bye.

No comments: