25 July 2011

Our Weekend

What an amazing weekend! It started with some great New Mexican food at Silvano's with my family. I got to show my new camera to my dad, mom and brothers. I snapped a few good photos too, I can't wait to get them developed. I really hope that they come out, I'm still trying to understand camera settings. -- It's also been really dark and stormy. That is really refreshing to me. The air smells nice. It's cool. I love it. 

Another thing we did was go on a mini road trip in northern New Mexico. New Mexico is so beautiful, and a lot of people don't know it. We went up to Santa Fe to Espanola to Taos. We saw the taos gorge and the majestic New Mexico Rocky Mountains. We then traveled through the Carson National Forest toward Angel Fire. We went up to the base of Angel Fire and enjoyed some coconut shrimp and a micro brew. Then we traveled south from Angel Fire through Black Lake and Guadalupita then through Mora then past Storie Lake then to Las Vegas and back through Santa Fe and finally toward Albuquerque. All along enjoying some amazing lightning shows. It was just a great little trip and I can't wait to do it again. Hopefully I'll have some photos to show off soon. 

No comments: