16 July 2010

Sunny And 98F

This day has been kind of nuts. I'm sipping my "doppio" right now at Satellite on Montgomery. I really want to come up with a clever nick-name for Satellite that makes fun of it for being exactly like Starbucks. Seriously, it's a total rip off, but I'm down to support the kinda local chain. Goodness, the sizes are "Tall", "Grande" and "Mucho Grande". They pulled me some good shots though. I'm okay with that. 

So it's week two back home. I feel like my head is somewhere else. I'm in the clouds. Reality hasn't settled. I'm not Zo. I don't have any free time. I don't feel alive. I feel like i'm in a blur. I know I'm just adjusting...again. I'm ready this time though. I'm ready to be a Burqe(enya)o again. Or am I a Santa Fean? I think I'm just a New Mexican. Although, I may be Indian, or Mediterranean, or maybe Middle Eastern. I'm not sure. I'm a bit confusing. 

The coffee shop is hard work. It's has been fun leaning though. We're learning all sorts of things...life lessons. It's great. I really hope our product is top notch. I want to learn how to pull the perfect shot on our machine. Today some crazy guy came in for a cup of coffee. He said he collapsed in the street last night and almost had a heart attack. I don't think coffee is a good choice for him. We're ready to be in our groove. We don't have much money now, we aren't making much money right now, but I'm optimistic. I think we'll be okay. I'm moonlighting now delivering pizza pies for Papa John's, and Lindsey is considering a job at the moment as well. I told her she should be a server at Buffalo Wild Wings... I was j/k though. Ha!
 


No comments: