12 April 2010

Floofy Is My Friend


My computer thinks I'm in downtown Albuquerque and my iPod things I'm in downtown Santa Fe. Strange. When I use the locator in Twitter or in Google maps it shows these locations... I'm not sure why, but I can guess. I'm using the modem I used in NM, maybe this modem is telling my devices the wrong locations. But why would my computer think it's in Albuquerque and my iPod think it's in Santa Fe? Weird. Maybe my devices are just as home sick as I am. Missouri is great, I really love the natural beauty here... I just want a friend! Lindsey is my best friend in the whole world, and if it wasn't for her I'd be going crazy, but there's only so much she can take hearing about the Yankees, Isotopes and weather. Floofy is cool too but he can't talk...because he's a cat. I'm trying to put myself out there for people, I'm trying to make myself available, and I know that life is busy for people, but... I don't know, I guess I just feel discouraged right now. I've always been blessed with the best friends in the world, and right now I'm missing them a great deal. I'm so happy that I had a chance to hang out with Joe and Sean here in Missouri! Those little visits mean so much to me! Now Jon is talking about visiting, I really hope he can make it. And I have May to look forward to! Lindsey's parents are coming to Missouri for Ryan's graduation! It's going to be great to see them and the family! We're also going to Albuquerque later in May. I guess I don't have it so bad. Okay, forget it all! I'm happy! I'm going to read and clean the apartment, that would be a productive use of my time.

I'm planning on hiking Wheeler Peak in May with Joe. I really hope we can make it happen! When we're there we will then march on to Culebra Peak and claim it for the Land of Enchantment! Then we will have a 14,000 footer! There are a few 14,000 footers that are just north of the NM border, but they're in Colorado. Colorado. I want to live there. I want to learn more about it's history. I know a bit about it's history with the Ku Klux Klan. The Klan was once huge in Colorado. When I think about the KKK I think about Alabama or Mississippi, but not Colorado. Anyway... the mountains are beautiful! Wolf Creek is amazing! If I move to Denver one day I will be really far from Wolf Creek though. It's a 276 mile drive from Denver to Pagosa Springs, and it's only a 153 mile drive from Santa Fe to Pagosa Springs. That's fine though, I'll just go somewhere else to board.


No comments: