16 January 2018

Guide Me

Yesterday, I was listening to the Bad Christian Podcast. In this episode, they were interviewing Paul Young. He authored a book called "The Shack".

Okay, I'm going to pause. Right now, I'm writing in my personal journal, but I'm thinking about publishing this on my blog. The reason I write in my personal journal first is so that I hold less back. Privacy is good, but I want to be open. I don't know why. Right now, I'm writing to an audience. I'm aware that i'm writing to an audience. I'm going to try not to do that... I'm going to try to be as open as possible. Time to pretend that I'm the only person that will read this. Well, I'm not even sure people read my blog, so I still might be the only person that reads this. So, there ya go.

Anyway, back to the interview. It was an excellent conversation. This man was describing what he knows to be God. And it was excellent. The questions back and forth, and the experiences shared, were ones that...I don't know...they touched me.

In the interview, they talked about the movie the book was based. I was curious, so I decided to see if it was streaming online, and I found out it's on HBO Go. Lindsey and I watched it last night. I like to watch movies. I like to admire cinematography, and convincing acting, and character development, special effects, the whole nine. This movie wasn't awesome in some of those categories. But...I loved the story. This was a story about God's love.

There are some thoughts that are coming together and meeting in my life right now. I'm reading a book by Timmothy Keller called "Making Sense of God", and I'm also reading through Romans, and I'm becoming more and more fascinated in science, the cosmos, the nature of the Universe... What remains constant is love. There's good news in the Universe.

No comments: